Jefferson Davis County is full of history and natural beauty.
Jefferson Davis County was authorized by a legislative act of March 31, 1906 and approved May 9 of that same year. It resulted of residents of western Covington County and eastern Lawrence County complaining about the difficulty of traversing rivers and streams to get to their respective county seats. These areas were combined to form a new county named in honor of Jefferson Davis, the only President of the Confederate States of America. The county was the seventy-seventh county to organize in Mississippi. (Source: http://jeffdavis.msghn.org)